Friday, July 08, 2005

மின்னலே (Minnale) from May Madham

Lightning of my life, why did you appear?
I know not why my eyes hurt, do you?
Are you not the mirage that disappeared in my sky?

You stayed for a few precious moments and yet my palace lies simmering,
Oh lightning, my sky searches for you,
Myriad colors that dissolved when I dare to open my eyes,
I have but a memory of the sweet lifelines in your hands,
As my heart explodes into a million suffering bits, I see but your reflection in each little bit,

…a blazing inferno awaits you in my tears, I am but a delicate flower, blooming in the shadow of your tender feet…

Is there ever parched earth that fails to await the soothing caress of rain drops? Is there ever a divine force that awaits not loving festivities with welcoming arms? Is there ever a passionate poet who yearns not for his union with rhyming words? And as I wait, does my love not become eternal?

…a blazing inferno awaits you in my tears, I am but a delicate flower, blooming in the shadow of your tender feet…


From my archives.